Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Does your dog break wind and what food causes it?

For 10 points give funny examples
Answers:
My dog has wind quite a lot he never does them quietly so at least you get 5 second warning before it hits, so you do get chance open a window, run or pull your top up over your nose. We have laminate flooring so when he is sitting down it it does make a loud noise which always makes me giggle then obviously gag, he never flinches either we can be choking and passing out and he just sits there as though nothing has happened, he does it most if he has proper meat for his tea like some beef or mince.
Mine does every time she climbs the stairs. Don't get behind her because you are at face level with the "aroma."
Yes, both my dogs have the same problem, but what usually causes it when they're out "snacking" in the horses' corrals or when the farrier comes and they eat all the hoof trimmings.
when my gran farted she`d beat the dog, we all knew it was her %26 not the dog.
Oh my yes...
Cheap food with corn and wheat, empty fillers, will cause excess flatulence. Oh and broccoli...
My dachshund Samson can empty a room in five seconds flat if he eats broccoli. People run choking, gagging, eyes streaming...
True story -
One time when he was a pup (2 mos old) I was taking him to the vet on a COLD morning, so I thought I'd just pop him inside my sweatshirt. More comfortable for him, right? He farted as I was going around a corner; the only place it had to go was out the neckband of my sweatshirt and straight up my nose. I nearly ran the car off the road; couldn't get away from it. Walked in the vet's office with tears running down my face, coughing, choking, crying...had the front desk staff all in stitches as well. I'm sure we made their day...
Samson now always rides in a secured crate in the back seat. And we make sure he abstains from broccoli.
yes oh my god dont give your french fries
Yep, whenever the wife buys that cheap store brand crap. When they eat Iam's or some similar type of dog food, no worries.
Well, I have a St. Bernard and last Christmas we were all opening presents that morning, and with all of our family there he broke wind, and I mean loud. It was so freaking bad it actually cleared out our livingroom.

The cause of this was all of the scraps my nieces and nephew had been giving him. (But of course he waited to let go at the perfect moment, it was like he knew too because he acted like he was asleep after he did it. hehehe)

Most foods that cause gas in dogs have a lot of by products in them. Fillers like corn can also cause gas.

When looking for a healthy food for your pooch, try a natural food like: Nutro Natural Choice, Wellness, or Holistic.

Hope this helped, and have a good, gas free, day! :o)
Mine used to because of poor quality food..when he farted we all had to get out of the house very fast...it was absolutely revolting!!! We know better about pet food now!
Used to but isnt any longer since on hill's ID.
http://www.vetstoria.co.uk/templates/hil...
Pinching my POLO peppermints out my hand bag!!
My Ridgeback is dreadful,she stuck her nose in a pint of beer last night %26 had a good slurp!Today her wind has been horrendous!!No other side effects thank goodness!
SPROUTS. dont ever do it!!

Especially at Christmas.. unless you want to get rid of unwanted relatives!

No comments:

Post a Comment