Friday, July 31, 2009

Ferrert owners: Don't you hate it when...?

...people who have never had ferrets or done any research on them automatically assume that EVERY ferret is horribly stinky and mean?

Gah!!! It drives me nuts! =)

For the record, my 2 carpet sharks neither stink nor bite. So there. =P
Answers:
My sister owns ferrets, and I agree, that they are far from mean.

They do tend to stink sometimes, but then again, what animal doesn't, if they aren't properly kept clean?
Yes. I had a lovely ferret, he never bit anyone, I could trust him with a child. And he was litter trained, and I cleaned his cage every day. No one simply walking into my house would ever know I had a ferret unless they came downstairs and saw his cage. I breed hamsters now, and I also hate it when people see my argente hamsters (orange with red eyes) and immediately say, "Ew, that's creepy, he has red eyes," or "Oh, it looks demonic," No it doesn't. He just doesn't have any pigment in his eyes so you can see the light reflecting off of the blood vessels in them. Prejudices like that drive me insane.
LOL. Yeah... Ferrets are awesome pets! I have had mine for about 3 years now. Before I got her, I did alot of research, which in I found made it sound like a 24 hour--dead end--hard job to take care of a ferret! But, I got her anyway, and she has been an awesome addition to our family!!! She is kind of like a cat or dog, just a little bit more mischevious! lol. I cannot leave my shoes, bra or anything else "important" laying around or she will carry them waaaay under my bed! haha. She does not stink too bad, unless I just don't bath her, just like any other animal!!!
I had a wonderful ferrert. He was nosy but if I wanted to catch him I just got a bag out and he would have to come and see what I was getting into. As far as stinking they make ferrert shampoo that works great and most of them love to swim in the tub. And about cages any cage is going to stink if you don't clean them daily. Good Luck!
well, ive never had a ferret and i dont think they would be stinky! i actually really want one! but, i do know that my family is allergic to ferrets. my uncle, when him and his wife bought their ferret, the first day, both of them (my aunt and uncle) broke out in boils and had to go to the hospital. maybe the pet store that they got them from had sick animals. i still want one though! :p
I so agree with you. My ferrets are wonderful, and my eldest sleeps in my bed with me.
I don't hate it when people say they smell, because they do tend to smell. I have five so even cleaning every day does not keep the smell out of the house. The ferrets themselves are not that bad smell wise, but the poo...

As for them bing mean, it bothers me sometimes. Not all are mean, but it is good to be aware that there are mean ones out there, for the people who want to get ferrets. I adopted a very nasty ferret that caused nerve damage in my hand. However I have seen far more friendly and if well socialized they are fine, IMO. The one I adopted unfortunatly had no background history.
Yes I agree, they only smell if you don't clean their cage. I have two and my Chica isn't mean, but she plays rough, but my Chewy is a lover not a biter.

P.S. I like the name carpet sharks, its funny. Describes Chica to a T.

No comments:

Post a Comment