Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Dogs and chickhens?

I have a dog and we have chickhens. Whenever we are in the garden my dog eats the chickhens poo. Its really disgusting and I wish he would stop. I say no and for a while he stops but then carrys on. I feed him twice a day and yet he still does it. How can I stop him?
Answers:
I used to have the same problem when we had chickens. Could never stop it I'm afraid. And my chickens even used to eat the dog poo cus my dog kept eating their feed. What a vicious circle. My dog eats pigeon poo now. I don't think it'll harm a dog. Maybe there's some goodness in it? Ain't it great to have free range chickens tho. I love em!!
get some chickens instead, they're like chickhens but spelt better ;)

sounds like dogtanion needs a bit of a lesson
put chillie on the chicken crap or run his nose in it
Dogs dont like mustard so you need to rub it on the chicken poo so he associates it with eating it. Or spray him with water every time he does it then he will eventually stop.
Put pepper on the chicken poo and he wont touch it!
Why don't u separate them 4 a bit and them put them together again?
Theres really no possible way unless you want to be with him 24 hours of each day. Which i doubt you would like to do that!. We have dogs and chickens also but our dogs never eat the chicken poo that i see they always eat the horse poo! We have 7 dogs and theres only 2 of our dogs that eat the horse poo. I would just keep telling your dog NO!

No comments:

Post a Comment