Friday, July 31, 2009

Ferret resources.?

is there any reliable books, etc, that u thought were rlly helpful to u about ferrets? (besides Ferrets for Dummies which im currently in the process of devouring cover to cover)
From, Hopefully-Soon-to-be-foster-mo...
Answers:
There is a vast source of information available through other ferret owners available on web forums. Check out Ferret Village, Furry Angels Ferrets, Friendly Ferret/UK, Ferretville, and Ferret. These are just the ones I belong to. There are many more and all have a lot to offer, answers when you need them, understanding and caring people, food charts, medical information, etc. Check them out and welcome to the wonderful world of fuzzies.
Check with my friends at Ferret Association of Connecticut (FACT), a rescue. You can find them at http://www.ferret-fact.org. They've written a number of guides that I'm sure they'd share with you. Please consider making a donation for whatever resources they can send you. They're the only ferret rescue in Connecticut, and what they do for their rescued animals should garner them extra special places in heaven.

There's also: http://www.thechipster.com/fert-man.html...
Check out the American Ferret Association Wesbite- type that into a search engine.

Thats great of you to foster. Just beaware!! They are lots of work, they get into everything. I've had many runaways- that never came home, i've had one jump off a drawer unit and suffocated down the back, I've had a dog get ahold of one. they have to be watched at all times. Good luck to you.
The Internet is a great resource-we just got two Ferrets, and that's where I went.Start with-"Ferrets"
You've got some great replies and some really good suggestions but I just wanted to say how impressed I am that you're reading as much as you can and finding out as much as you can about ferrets BEFORE you get one (or foster one?) So many people get a ferret and then decide to find out how to care for one!
I have 3 ferts and did exactly what you did.I'm soooo glad I did cos they're are an adoreable handfull!! LOL!
I'm sure you'll be a fgreat ferret parent and your future fuzzies will be happy and healthy because of your research - good for you!!! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment