Thursday, July 30, 2009

Dwarf bunny in a dorm suite?

i will be living in my own dorm room at college next year (i will be a junior) and am getting a dwarf bunny at the start of the summer. my mom said she would care for it during the semester, but i'm considering taking it to school. pets aren't allowed, but there are no consequences from having them (you must have them out in 48 hours once caught). i would have my own small room (around 15 x 20). the suite has four such rooms, a living room, two hallways, a kitchen and two bathrooms. do you think bringing my bunny (sneaking in my bunny :) is a good plan? the other three girls don't mind (one chick is bringing her large lizard) and there is little chance an r.a. would ever be in the room. any thoughts or forseable problems?
Answers:
I've heard of some people getting caught and others did not. It's all really a gamble. Keep in mind though that a bunny is a commitment that will probably survive past college. I had a bunny in college and now since I graduated I have a full time job and I'm really busy and don't get to spend much time with him. I would just make sure that you are going to be able to spend enough time with him in college and afterwards.
Wow that sounds like the college I went too. You don't go to NSUOK do you? Either way, the people who lived in that situation had similar pets, rabbits, rats, etc and nothing ever happened to them. As long as it's in a cage when unattended it should be ok.
I would be sure there is also no fine for being caught with a pet. My sister went to a college that fined any offender caught with a pet.

Also are you sure that you have enough room in the dorm for a cage. Rabbits need a fairly large cage and do make noise. R.A's are allowed to enter your room if they suspect contriban, they just cannot open draws, closets, etc.

Be sure you know all the rules, the college I attended also had diciplinary action if they caught you twice.
i used to live in an apartment that did not allow pets. i've always had a rabbit. i used to take my rabbit to my parents house when i needed maintenance to come in for something. as long as you have a place to keep the rabbit, you should be fine. i recommend as website to all rabbit questions. www.rabbit.org. everything you need to know about rabbits is there, just when you thought you knew everything about rabbits, there's always more to learn. good luck to you and your rabbit.
I used to live in an apartment that didn't allow pets also. Unfortunately when I moved out it was totally obvious as my rabbit chewed up the carpet under the bed.

If you're thinking of sneaking in an animal, might want to consider one that isn't so destructive.

No comments:

Post a Comment