Thursday, July 30, 2009

Ever treat a pet like a human and then realized that they weren't?

Like, I once said "excuse me" to my cat. I mean, not to be cute. automatically like I say to people when I bump into them. Let me know I'm not alone?
Answers:
ive done it many a time before
its normal just a sign that you are getting used
to your cat around as if it were a person
it shows that you care and that you think of it as
a friend more than just a pet
I do that all the time.

I even tell my dog lilly not to be rude.

I treat her more like a child than a dog
no. my sister realized that my doxie wasnt a human. i cant picture that no matter how hard i try. I talk to my dog all the time. We wear matching pink polos! its so cute. She sleeps with her head on the pillow. she is a human in dog form i swear. You are not alone.
I treat my dogs like they are human and I have never stopped and thought about them not being human. I say please and thank you/excuse me to them all the time it's a habit I think in how I deal with people. At night time I tell them ok it's time to say good night to the world then I shut the lights off. They are my fur kids and I take pride in how good they are and I love them.
Thats perfectly normal. I talk to my dog all the time. I have a knack for knowing how they feel or what they want.
I have definatly done that!!
XD
i don't treat mine like humans, they are dogs, but i do definately catch myself saying bless you when they sneeze, excuse me, no ma'am, etc.
i do it all the time. I always say sorry to my dogs if I accidentally step on them or run into them.
You are totally not alone, I think that any true animal lover does it!!
My mom did that with her dog. She would talk to her like a normal person. The dog's name was Britney, and my mom found her as a stray when she was fifteen. Britney was 2-4 years old at the time. Well, she lived sooo long. I think dogs usually live for about 8-12 years. Well, Britney thrived. She lived for about 23 people years. Unfortunately, she died earlier this month. Her back legs no longer worked, and we moved her from place to place, keeping her out of the rain, giving her food and water. She died peacefully. And over her many years, she was ran over and hit by cars 4 times, 3 times on accident. And she never gave up. Every day of her life, my mom treated Britney like family, possibly what helped her live so long and so happy.
YOU BETTER NOT LET MY BABIES HEAR YOU SAY THAT,I SPEAK TO THEM ALL THE TIME I SAY SORRY IF I TROD ON THEM,SAY BLESS YOU WHEN THEY SNEEZE + YOU CANNOT MENTION THE CAR IN FRONT OF THEM OR THEY THINK THEY ARE GOING FOR A DRIVE + THEY KNOW THAT THEY ARE GOING TO GET SMACKO,S WHEN WE SPELL IT,CANNOT MENTION SMACKO,S WITHOUT THEM GOING TO THEIR MATS + WAITING PATIENTLY FOR YOU TO GET THEM.SOMETIMES I THINK THEY ARE SMARTER THAN SOME HUMANS.Liz.
lol dont worry your not crazy...once I said sorry to a couch b4 i realized thats what i had bumped into

and i say excuse me to my dog all the time...lol
Yes, when I told my bird to get on my finger and it's ok but it just freaked out and flew all over the place. lol
I think they can hear us.. they seem to be tuned into feeling and motives pretty well so I think it's nice to tell them things like "well hello how are u today" lol or whatever you want to say to your pets. they listen, even if they pretend otherwise. like my cat, she's so arrogant, always tipping her nose at humans, but she can be such a sweetheart. So I have to treat her like she's my baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment