Friday, July 31, 2009

Feline urine smell from under the house?

We have had an issue with stray cats getting under our house and using it as a litter box. We are getting the cat issue under control and need to know how to get rid of the smell. Most of the time it is barely there but if we run the attic fan or the A/C or if it is really damp outside you can really smell it. What can we do to get rid of the smell?
Answers:
Moth balls. My Vet told me that moth balls would not only get rid of the smell but also keep the cats away. I have used this I also noticed that we have had less spiders through out the year.

Good Luck, let me know, plz
Maybe baking soda would be enough to absorb the odors. You might have to do it steadily changing the boxes weekly for a couple months. Maybe mix it into your soil if possible. that would be a huge help.
there might be something at a pet shop, a groomers, or a animal supply store such as agway.other wise im not sure what you can do about that.make sure you get all the cats and board up under there so you don't get more.
I'll rent you my alligator for a week or so, if any cat comes around, they wont stay long
There are bugs called benificial enzimes that you can perchase. A dust like substance you can sprinkle on the soil. it eats up the urine and poo. Ask at health food stores or seed and soil companies. I use AZURE STANDARD for these sort of products. BENEFICIAL ENZIMES.

No comments:

Post a Comment