Thursday, July 30, 2009

Dwarf hampster was eaten by my chihuahua terrier mix.?

my dwarf hampster, eloise, was eaten by my dog. she is a chihuahua terrier mix. i went out to eat for my birthday, (the hampster was my present from my sister, which was a secret because me dad wouldnt let me have one), and i came home and my room was a war zone. it had bloody cage bedding EVERYWHERE. i mean it looked like snow. so i looked everywhere for my hampster, and i couldnt find her. so i thought that she was probably asleep under my bed, to get away from mmy dog and cat. i go downstairs to watch tv, and there she is. laying in our den. skin bones, and blood. my dog had eaten her. because my cage was a linked metal cage. (supossed to be cat and dog proof) and i cried for 2 days straight. which was 2x's the length of days i had her. my dad wont let me get a new hmapster and it ha been about 1 1/2 years. he says he wont let me becausei dont take my dog out for walks. which i do, but he cant get that through his fat head. i cant convince my dad to let me get another. HELP!
Answers:
Just show your dad that you can do better and maybe you will get TWO hamsters how does that sound?? Just walk ytour dog every dya exept when it's raining and feed it twice a day and be nice to your dad!!!!
Knowing that the dog has had a taste for hampsters.
Getting another hampster will look mighty good to him.

Dont' get another hampster please.
OMG I would be so traumatized.. But my friends gerbils used to eat each other and I would see a bloody mess with ribs sticking out of the skin.. So actually I guess I'm not. Anyways, hamsters (no "P") aren't that cool I would recommend getting a ferret because they're so awesome and have lots of personality. They sleep 18 hours a day and they can run around your house just like a dog or cat, but much easier to take care of. I have pics of my ferrets on my 360.
sorry but agree with your dad .. your care of the hamster was wreckless in that door closure would have assured extra safety for the hamster - instead - it had no chance with the cat or dog

if you do not properly care for the dog, why would you even think you could care for another pet?

pets require around the clock care - not just when you think about it or feel like it ---- like humans have needs

learn from this experience and do better with the pets you still have

perhaps in time, you will have another chance - but certainly are not mature enough for it now
I think your dog got jealous, and took care of the competition. Give up on the hamster and pay some attention to the dog or the cat might be next!

No comments:

Post a Comment