Friday, July 31, 2009

Fish!! Please answer here, fish owners! I need help!?

Fish owners out there, please give me a guide on how to care for fish! They are not from the sea, so I'm not harming them. About tanks? When do you clean it? Feeding? I have done research but I want human advice. Water for them? What about food? What brand do you recommend? Thanks! I hope to see, thorough, lengthy answers! ;)
Answers:
I like the Hagen tanks, you can really trust them because it is made in Canada.

You should do 25% water change about once a week until the tank is cycled.(once cycled you can do it every 3 weeks)... Use a gravel vacuum to suck the poop out of the gravel, and at the same time, it is taking out water. Do this until 1 quarter of the water in the tank is gone. Replace the water missing with de-chlorinated water.


I feed my goldfish twice a day (morning and night) and my tropical fish once (morning)

I use TetraColor as their food, it is very balanced...

As for filtration, for my goldfish tank, I use the Millennium 2000 Filter, and for my tropical tanks, I use the Eheim External Canister Filter... (really good!)


If you get tropical fish, they need a heater... Jager (owned by Eheim) is the best brand of heaters. Hagen is good too...


That's just about all you need to know...


Good Luck


脽眉bbl毛拧
Let them go free from your fish tank. Liberate them. Free them onto the metal aluminum bleachers at your local football stadium on a very hot summer day. That way, they are free from bondage and you have some fresh, crunchy fishsticks. Everyone wins.
Clean tanks every 1 or 2 weeks; monthly if you got a good filter.

Feeding depends on fish. Basically, even once a day can be OK for a fish. However, some fish cannot be overfed or they'll die. Ask the fish shop owners about feeding habits of the fish you're buying.

Most fish also need light (florescent).

Tap water, as long as you de-clorinate it and maybe add some salt (to release their stress), should be ok.

I use mainly Ocean Free products. Not sure if it's available there.

No comments:

Post a Comment