Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Dog or cat? Which should I get? Why?:?


Answers:
The most obvious is your lifestyle %26 temperment. Dogs--have to walk them if it's raining %26 in the middle of the night; can't leave food out if you're away a bit or they'll gobble it up at once. If you like "obedience," dogs will do ANYTHING for a treat. They also don't have the sense to run away if they're abused, (says something.) They need to bathed. (I've had two, %26 truly loved them!) Cats--many misconceptions about their independence being "indifference," not true. They need your love %26 attention, %26 give it to you. My cat is more sensitive %26 nurturing than any person I've known. %26 they DO get lonely. A properly cared for litter box does NOT have odor.Of course they can't be "trained" like a dog. %26 if a cat isn't in the mood to be snatched up %26 squeezed, they'll let you know. (Would you like that?") They're incredibly clean. My cat is also a "watchcat," alerts me when someone is near my door. The natures of cats %26 dogs are galaxies apart. Please don't be misled by people who know NOTHING about cats. Think carefully before you choose, %26 dog or cat--I hope you find "someone" to love, %26 love you unconditionally.

Edit: Luke V--Hello? Cats just walk around the house? Are you for real? ilovemyboyfriend (hmm) if you haven't bonded with your cat, perhaps that's why you think they're "stuck up." My cat comes to me every time I call. When she wakes from a nap, she always says hello. We have extensive dialogues in both feline %26 person language. I suspect anti-cat people need a lot of control.
Get a dog. Well, thats what my boyfriend says. I say get a cat.

He says to get a dog because dogs are so much better.

I say to get a cat because cats are cute, funny as hell, and make cute little baby kittens.
I perfer cats, they are more independant they dont get as lonely as dogs, when you go away
A few years back I would have said a dog since they are more company than a cat but I have two very nice cats who are just as much company as any dog. So I guess it would get down to one thing. If you travel at all or spend a few nights away from home a lot, a cat is better for you. You can leave a clean litter box and enough food and water for the time you will be gone and a cat will be fine. A dog, however, would have to be put into a kennel or have someone come in and take care of them. Dogs also have to be put outside and walked. If you work long hours, a cat would also deal with the long seperation better than a dog would. You might have to clean up a lot of "accidents" with a dog. Whatever you choose, I hope you enjoy your new pet.
I like both and its personal perference.
Dogs - cute, small, big, very different from each other, you can take for a walk, inside and outside animals, some are easy to train
Cats - cute, hard to train, small, mostly inside animals
They both are a big responisbility and they are always going to be there once you get them but either would be very rewarding.
dog make good pets i have 4 dogs if your having a bad day
or your sad you can all ways cont on your dogs to give you the love you will need
dogs are tight animals. because they are your companions and they love attention and so do you. he will always be your best friend, always love you, never get mad at you, and if you teach them, poop outside (finally).
i say dog. with a dog, you can go for walks (exercise), kids love them, they are protective, and you can train them to fetch the newspaper or beer from the fridge. but expensive to take care of.
cats are cleaner, but just walk around the house. less expensive to take care of.
Get a cat because they take care of themselves most of the time. Dogs you have to bathe.
Get a dog, a dog will love you forever. If you feed a dog at least once a day he will do anything. You can throw a stick and he will go get it and he'll be like "well I dunno what I'm getting this stick for, but I dont care because I love you" now a cat..a cat will be lying in the floor and you can say its name over and over and over again and it will just look up at you like..."You wanna pet me, you walk over her mother f*cker" Cats are so stuck up and stupid. Get a dog their more fun anyway.
In my opinion the decision between Dog vs. Cat revolves around 2 simple questions:
1) The owner's personality and WHY, WHY, WHY they want a pet.
If having a pet is just for the sake of having one then go for a cat because they're the lowest maintenance and don't require the same level of attention that a dog wants.
If one wants a closer connection with their pet whereby they can see continuous positive reactions and result from their pet then a Dog is the way to go.

2) Part two in my opinion revolves around What and Why a person wants a pet. If it's just for fun and something to pet 10 times when one gets home then a cat is the way to go IMO. If one wants a "part of the family" then a Dog is the way to go.
That really depends on your lifestyle and what you are looking for out of a pet. Without more information it's all just personal opinion.
What type of person are you? Cats are more for people who don't always need approval and who don't want that much attention. Whereas most people with dogs are always seeking some form of approval, or want the attention subconsciously that dogs give and are more often than not hyperactive people.

I prefer dogs simply because they go outside if you train them and I hate changing litter boxes or smelling cat pee. Plus I have two kids and every kid needs a dog at one point in their life or another.
neither one is better then the other.. just different, think about what you want

dogs- for people that enjoy going for walks (you'll have to do that at least 3 times a day), that spend time home, and like an animal that depends on you

cats- for people that rather just change litter and leave their animals home, and may be out long hours, and prefer a independent animal
you should get a dog because then can defend themselves

No comments:

Post a Comment