Monday, May 24, 2010

Hamster question?

My daughters hamster(alex)got his head stuck between the bars on its hamster cage and either choked or broke its neck,the guy at the pet shop said he never heard of such a thing happening(he carries the same exact cage in his store),my question is,has this happend to anyone here before or did i just have a retarded hamster
Answers:
I have never had this happen to me either- but those I have seen it happened to, have had faulty or defective cages.

can you please give us more info on the cage? Like the brand and make? the size of the distance between bars... was it a hamster cage or was it a cage you were using as a hamster cage? was it one you had to set up yourself?

If it were a hamster cage- most bars are made for making sure even dwarfies can't escape.

I'm very sorry this happened to your daughter. it must be devestating.

I would go directly to a pet smart or a petco (or whatever pet store sells that cage). they have 1800 numbers to the manufacturers (A lot of the times, companies are no longer putting those on the boxes or on their websites.)

call them directly and tell them what happened.

If this was a hamster cage, that shouldn't have happened unless there was something defective... or something just wasn't snapped in there all the way. but even then... it sounds more like a defect.
Contact the company that made the cage and request some compensation. This could be a potential lawsuit.
It's never happened to me but I prefer plastic cages as I've known many hamsters who squeeze in between the bars. The bars were obviously not close enough together and if I were you I would write or e-mail the company who made it and complain or at least notify them of the danger. I would also critique it at the websites for petmart and petco to stop this from happening in the future to someone else's pet.

No comments:

Post a Comment