Monday, May 24, 2010

Hamster Help! Need Now!!?

My hamster some how keeps getting out of his cage and right now he is out somewhere,
1.He Is in our basement and has no way of getting upstairs.
2.I have no clue as to what kind of hamster he is.
3.He is big and black

I need knowledge as to what i can use as bait to attract him.
I need it to attract him to the bait and must be able to get his attention from up to at least 30-40 ft i would have to say.
So if anybody knows of a good bait to attract hamsters please tell me.
Answers:
Ah! I too had this problem. My hamster had a particular liking for " Terra" brand chips. You should try any sort of potato chip. I waited for him to come out and placed a t-shirt on top of him once he did to stop him from getting away. Since you don't know where you're little critter is, just wait. If this doesn't catch him, you can "trap" him using a ramp and bucket or bucket-like container. Put some food in a clean, hamster-escape-proof container, and leave a book or board up into the bucket. He will climb up the ramp, go in the bukcet, and not be able to get out. Good luck!

If he still won't come out or if your basement has lots of hiding places, message me for more ideas.
I sense you are looking for the master bait.
Fresh veggies or carmel popcorn are both good.
Cheese!!! Good luck catching him! Sit still and set the cheese out in a few places. Be very quiet and watch for him, he'll come out soon!
Usually, when my hamsters get loose. Bait doesn't help. It never has for me, anyway. Wait until it is dark out, and i guess if your focused on using bait. Lay it somewhere along a wall, and just wait until they are active at around nine pm. Just look in all your rooms where he%26#92;she can access. He'll pop up soon. He'll get bored, and lonesome.
use a live mouse trap with food. if you dont get the hamster, youll at least get rid of some rodents. when it dies, if you dont catch it fast enough, it will give off a smell so that you know. use his favorite food, sunflower seeds, yogurt bites. dont make him climb stairs. if he falls, he will get hurt.
Bait for hamsters?
Well, my hamster used to love these treats from the pet store: I think they were little balls made of honey or peanut butter or something and they were covered in sesame seeds. You could try some of those.

No comments:

Post a Comment