Monday, May 24, 2010

Hamster ball?

I just bought a little hamster ball for our new little friend to run around in (a dwarf hamster). I put him in it while cleaning out his cage and made sure the cover was closed good (heard it click). My son was watching him and the hamster ran into some furniture and was able to get out of the ball! Good thing my son was watching and I was able to get him quickly! Should I attempt to put him in there again and maybe put tape on the cover also so he doesn't get out? He has a ball to run in his cage but I would like him tobe able to get out also. Has anyone else had this problem and what do you reccommend?
Answers:
Did you know there is a track that can be bought just for use with the hamster balls? It's called Critter Hamtrac. Hamtrac works with all three sizes of Run-About balls (below) and the Cruiser Car. This is safer then letting the hamster run into objects and risk him getting injured. Brain injuries can result from repeated blows to the head from the sudden stop of the ball into say furniture or a wall. We used to use them too for some of our hamster, but we had 3 broken by 1 Russian dwarf and not jut the door coming off, I'm talking broke the plastic into several pieces. After that we never bought another one.

The 2 sites below have the track I'm referring to, the first one shows it..
i put tape on my hamster ball also, as they bang into things i find that the lid will come loose. keep a good watch on him as they will get out if they can. mine have in the past.
Aw your little hammy sounds cute ^^
I know that sometimes when they roll around the top will come off, I have had a hamster and he got out all the time so what i did was i just put some tape on the top and just make sure that someone is watching him/her. Or make sure your in a small room with him/her and let him roll around in there. Make sure that there is nothing that could hurt the hamster if he/she got our of the ball again :)
take the ball back and get a new one but if you cant just tape it
it happens all the time, tape it closed while hammie is in it.
Yes, my hammies used to get out all the time. Taping it is fine but be sure that his fur can't get caught on the tape through the cracks. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment