Saturday, May 22, 2010

Hackamores...can I use running martingale attachments with an english hackamore?

I want to use a running martingale to keep my horses head down, but is it ok with a hackamore? What kind of pressure difference would it be? Thanks!
Answers:
I think it would annoy and confuse the more more than anything- constantly applying pressure.

If you can not get your horse's head and body into correct frame naturally, please seek the help of a trainer- there is no need to use all of those things (which will not help because once you remove them, you are back to the same problem)
I think that would be dangerous
Hackamores produce a lot of pressure on the nose
I have never seen any martingale used with a hackamore
i dont think you can, but you can use a tie down. its better if you just wean off the gadgets alltogether. they act like crutches, they dont solve the issue they just mask it and create more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment