Saturday, May 22, 2010

Guinea pig?.?

we have a guinea pig. and want to know what else other than the store bought stuff can we put in the bottom of his cage? URGENT!!!
Answers:
You can put newspaper, just watch to make sure they done eat it...you can also use hay, but the best is buying the "store bought stuff" for them...

Hope this helps...GOOD LUCK!!!
Non toxic bedding! And some all natural baking soda at the bottom, it helps smell. 1005% Safe!
The best thing I have found is newspaper and pine shavings. They aren't that expensive and you can buy them from any pet store or Wal-Mart. DO NOT USE CEDAR! The chemicals have been known to harm guinea pigs!! Pine or Aspen is fine, but Aspen is more expensive.
Paper towels work, it isn't toxic, but they LOVE to chew it. If you don't mind doing the laundry a lot, old towels work alright, but the pee and such seeps through very easily.
I use about 4 or 5 layers of newspaper, then I use about a 2" layer of aspen shavings. I tried using fleece for a few months but after clogging my washer so many times and having to deal with a horrible stink after 3 days, I went back to aspen shavings, good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment