Saturday, May 22, 2010

Guinea Pigs and dandilions?

I read somewhere that Dandiliions are good for guinea pigs. Is this true? I have tons of them in my back yard and do NOT use any pesticides and was wondering if I could feed them to my babies. Do not answer unless you are sure please.
Answers:
Dandelions will be fine, but your piggie will enjoy the little green dandelion leaves better than the actual flower. Good that you're aware of the dangers of pesticides, but also make sure there haven't been any dogs/cats out in your yard that could have deposited any sort of worms. Good luck!
Let you Guinea pig mother decide. Her babies are not all that desperate. Anyway Dandelions are not poisonous . I have heard of people making dandelion soup for human consumption.
Well if your sure they're dandelions, pesticide free... it won't hurt them as a treat now %26 again...ever hear of Dandelion Wine...mustard greens are good too...Peace %26 TC :)
I would call a vet. A question like this they would probably answer over the phone.
I had a guinea pig for 7 years(he died last year) abd his favorite thing to eat was dandilions. He lived a long time and ate them everyday so I think they are fine. Good luck
you don't feed them the dandelions,
you feed them the green leaves around them.
i used to have a guinea pig
%26 i would give her dandelion leaves all the time.
she loved them.
i would just go outside %26 pick them.
i would also keep a few in the fridge.
everytime i would open the fridge she would sqeek,
because she knew they were in there.
but dandelion leaves are like treats for guinea pigs.
so as long as they are completly natrual,
go ahead %26 feed them to your "babies". :]
I used to have guinea pigs, they absolutely adore dandelion leaves, not the flowers so much, and they are perfectly safe.. promise! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment