Saturday, May 22, 2010

Guinea Pig Help :[??

Hey! I just got a gorgeous new little guinea pig today, but I'm a little worried.

I was just showing her to my brother, and she was sitting on my wrist while I had my hand cupped behind her. I felt her pee on my arm and set her down in her cage. I looked at my arm, and there was a thickish-clumpy white substance on where she peed.

I know she's pooping okay because she pooped in her cage already. I know that she is a SHE because I had the pet store check.

Anybody know what's wrong??
Answers:
I wouldn't be worried. It might have been a little stressful for her today. Keep an eye on her.
Ask Paris Hilton
They eat them in Ecuador you know.
there is absolutely nothing wrong and this kind of discharge is completley normal the fluid in the bladder is very much like sluggy mud so when they pee the pass the urine but pass some of the bladder slug as well dont worry
It should pass. But I would bring her to the vet anyway.
Have raised and sell guinea pigs. This discharge is not normal. The urine should be pale yellow. Guinea pigs aren't supposed to be away from the mother until at least 6 weeks of age so I hope yours is big enough. Guinea pig feces is supposed to be elongated pellets. Females in heat may display a small amount of mucus but not enough to notice if the pig sits on you. I suggest a recommended small animal vet.
if its a boy its you know what from the guys white stuff and if its a girl dont know
If you're absolutly sure that she is infact a female (you never know with pet shops...they suck!) then it's fine. It just means that she's in heat. A mucus plug (white in color) falls out so they are able to mate.

No comments:

Post a Comment