Sunday, August 2, 2009

Gave away meerkat!!!?

I baught a meerkay illegaly in nsw australia I took it home and after the first day could see how sad he was I know EVERYTHING about meerkats and how much they need the group and things like that but at the time of purchase wasent thinking about its happienes just mine then when i knew he was so sad I took him to the RSPCA what would you have done?
Answers:
Hi Meerkat,

Well yes, it wasn't very wise buying a Meerkat illegally. Here in South Africa you can not buy a meerkat but I know a few people you lived on farms that had meerkatte as pets. By the hearing of things I hear they make quite cute pets. I know they are creatures who live with their families and they look after each other. Maybe that is why your meerkat looked lonely.

Your idea of the Meerkat sanctuary sounds like a very cool idea.. Good luck with it...
Knowing what you know I would not have bought it in the first place, especially as it encourages people to sell them. But we all make mistakes.

Couldn't you have rescued a second one and thus keep yours?
You should know better and never buy animals that belong in the wild. Firstly knowing it was illegal you should have reported the person you bought it from, secondly you only contributed to saying its ok to take animals from the wild and sell them on the black market.

Also since you claim to know everything about meerkats, why did you purchase this animal full knowing that they operate in huge groups are very social animals.

I would never buy an animal full knowing its illegal, knowing it belongs in the wild with others of its kind. Stick to domesticated animals and stop supporting things that are illegal. I hope you feel bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment