Friday, May 8, 2009

Does anyone know about stray cats in Sitges, Spain?

I run a small rescue charity in Spain. I recently visited a different area, Sitges and while it was very pretty I only saw 3 cats which is very very unusual. I had to look hard for those 3 as well!

Any ideas? Perhaps there is a rescue group working in the area but I have not come up with anything.
Answers:
maybe Sitges is full of ppl like my dad. he lives in spain and where he is no one seems to giv a toss abt their animals n just let em run wild everywhere. anyway. he's givn a home to loads of animals over the last few yrs, so...mayb its full of ppl like him?
go to Moratalla, Mucia, its full of stray cats, dogs, horses (yes.really) pretty much any pet u can think of is a stray!

howz this 4 cruel? my dads next door neighbours moved to a differnt part of spain. they left the dogs in the garden, chained up, no food or water. if dad hadn't jumped the fence they'd hav died. the owner just dnt care! dad now has a extra pair of dogs! and aw...they're so cute! n 4 what they've bin thru amazingly friendly! i'm going out in spetember with my baby, i hav no worries at all with these 2 dogs being around her, they're so laid bk, they'd just sniff her n go bk 2 sleep
Just to warn you, what I'm about to say doesn't relate to your question EXACTLY.

In Estepona down the road near Andalucia Princess Hotel, there are millions and trillions of cats all crowded around the dustbins with various problems, both skinny and scared. Some of them were blind too. When I was there, I fed them fish and chicken and stuff but obviously I'm not there now. Maybe if you go to Estepona you can see some of the strays there?
i know alot of spanish people dont think twice about culling cats, especially in the countryside or near chickens in towns.

1 comment:

  1. They are fed and looked after by the local population and even given little houses. They keep the rat population down and are given names and are great loved by the people of Sitges.

    ReplyDelete